4 Jun 2019

Love of my Life - Part 8 - A poem

Love of my Life – Part 8 – by P.K. Odendaal – June 2019

As another day draws to a close I am getting morose
And as another day is past I stand aghast
That she is not here for me to endear,
but she still appear in my blogosphere

To caress and to hold in the winter cold
when we are alone in a world of our own
to let passion fly like a banner on high
As we take flight to our own shelters at night


Not for its sake, but for the purpose to make
us one in spirit and soul and to make us again whole
in the bond we once knew in years now adieu
and that is why I will give it a try

To savour once more the joy of before
And to close the unjust which was upon us thrust
when we didn’t know how to get to that vow
which could have bound us forever with bonds that won't sever.

And at last kill the pain that hurt once again
until in the end we can make some amend
And change all the grief in a moment so brief
That is left of our time in these moments sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment