30 May 2019

Love of my Life - Part 7 - A poem

Love of my life – Part 7 – by P.K. Odendaal – May 2019

Do you know how much I long for your touch
specially at the end of the day when you are away
when I could entwine your body with mine
Just being at your side with no reason to hide
the passions we feel in the moments we steal

To be close together forever and ever
to make up the time we lost in our prime
as we thought we could relate without deciding our fate
but how blind I had been for the things then unseen
Not having to talk at the end of that walk
about what we should do when our time there was through


And now I admit we made nothing of it
and regret is what's left when we both were bereft
of a joy and a love which was sent from above
and never again would I forget all the pain
which broke my heart when we drifted apart

and one time she tried to take me aside
to find out what transpired of all we desired
and whether at last we can forget of our past
and trust love anew which we thought was once true

And so we both cry for the years which went by
Just thankful to be that at last we shall see
the joy which we feel which we couldn’t conceal
through all of those years and the manifold tears

Tears that I shed as I lie here in bed
Writing this letter to make us feel better
In the mids’t of the night without any light
feeling her presence in quiet acquiescence
and feeling her pain and her joy once again

Good night my dear dove, it is you that I love
And it’s you, it’s you, who carried me through
and brought joy today after years of dismay

Blessed are you because you are you
And blessed am I since you came by.
To once more each other to adore
And to treat each with respect so we both can reflect
the magic we had before it went sad
and enjoying once more what we both had before

How could I ever forget the place where we met
And how could I have known that I wasn't alone
And that she too loved me so which I then did not know
Only exposing it now as we both do avow
That never again shall we part as it will shatter my heart
And bring back the shame of my youth once again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment