23 Jul 2018

Divorce - Part 4 - Attacking the unarmed - by P.K. Odendaal


Divorce – Part 4 – Attacking the unarmed.

I thought you would not to pull my tail to no avail
But you went ahead and divorced me instead
Why you would pursue that which was not due
Still  blows my mind and leaves me blind
To see what dent you will make in the end
In my mind and my soul which is surely your goal

Getting zillions for your keep will not let you better sleep
But will destroy all that is good and all for which I stood.
You are old and senile and not able to beguile
Any man or fool who you think may be cool
Your days are done and will be spent with no one
Because you have caused a bust in our family trust
Which will never heal after you made this deal
With the devil and your daughter which caused you to slaughter
Two lambs so pristine who remained wholly clean


In this fight and this brawl for no reason at all
You went out of your way to set up this fray
And little did you know that it would end up in woe
For you and your clan who helped you to fan
A case against me out of pure jealousy


And little did you know that from the word go
God sided with the oppressed whom you thought should not rest
and little did you know that the venom that you sow
Will one day turn around and run you to the ground
In the end you will depend on a meagre stipend
And be able to see how who protected me

I knew from the start it would break your own heart
When your of late tried to seize my estate
and ruin me such by taking too much
Not knowing that your years will be heartbreak and tears
Your revenge on me was never going to be
The remedy you thought that would make me distraught
But revenge turns around and hits to the ground
Maybe never again to rise till you close your eyes


Please don't blame me for that as it was not my act
Which ran you aground by your own hand and hound
Even so let it be a lesson to me
Never trust your own child when times do go wild


And never reckon on one even when he's your son
In the end they all fail and can never prevail
In the face of the thrust which make people go bust
Integrity is all which can spare you the fall
And standing an accord which is stronger than the sword


For me, I never doubted that when the points are touted
The values all remain no matter what the pain
As long as you desist to be derailed by such a tryst
As long as you remain in the heart of God's domain
No ill can ever come to those who hurt no one
And no grief can outlast reprieve if you stand by what you believe
So keep your peace and earn your keep while storms around you sweep
You never know how long until your tears will turn to song
But surely it will come in blessings one by one
And all I have to blame is a love which dare not speak its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment