Zwischenzug - 2 - What does that mean?

Many thanks to the USA who were the largest readers of my blog this week  - I appreciate it and I hope I can make a contribution to debunking the lies, doubts, misconceptions and mis-understandings of our world of today.

It made me think of the Conference on Sustainable Development, held in South Africa some five years ago, in Durban. It was not the climate change one which become known as the Durban Disaster, but might well have been.

When the conference started, each delegate received a question on a piece of paper (I am told) which read like this :

What, in your honest opinion, is the solution to the shortage of food in the rest of the world. 

Delegates had to hand in their replies before the end of the conference. When none were handed in, the organisers wanted to know why the delegates did answer it.

Someone gave this reply:   

It was because nobody fully understood the question.

The delegates from West Africa did not know what honest meant, those from Russia did not know what an opinion meant, those from the Middle East did not know what a solution meant, those from Europe did not know what a shortage meant, those from the rest of Africa did not know what food meant, and those from the USA did not know what the rest of the world meant.


10 comments:

  1. We stumbled over here different web page and thought I may as well check things out.

    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward
    to going over your web page again.

    Check out my weblog :: motorola grasp compact design

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is among the most vital information for me.
    And i am satisfied reading your article. However want to remark on some normal issues, The
    web site taste is ideal, the articles is in reality great :
    D. Just right process, cheers

    Here is my web site; EtheleneGVanwormer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    My website; CarlotaOGiard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage?
    My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would
    truly benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks a lot!

    Stop by my page: DarnellBBussom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy! This post could not be written any better!

    Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I will send this post to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!


    my web site ... DevoraETrompeter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am
    not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed
    about my difficulty. You're incredible! Thanks!

    Also visit my webpage ... ChangAMollohan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm no longer positive where you're getting your information, but good topic.
    I must spend some time learning more or working out more.
    Thanks for wonderful info I was on the lookout for
    this info for my mission.

    Here is my web site ... BridgettOBras

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate
    your efforts and I will be waiting for your further
    post thank you once again.

    My webpage ... DarrellFOflynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker
    who has been conducting a little research on this. And he actually ordered me lunch because I found it for him...
    lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this issue here on your website.


    Here is my blog - EveretteVNixion

    ReplyDelete
  10. bookmarked!!, I like your blog!

    Stop by my blog post; EmmittBCoulthard

    ReplyDelete