30 Sept 2021

To my readers in Russia.

The self destruction of nations - Part 1

I have written a few times on the self destruction of individuals, but if I look at the self destruction of nations, a notion which recently grabbed my attention quite forcefully, the self destruction of individuals pale in comparison.

I went through the history of the twentieth century again from a new perspective, and what I found was that history places the wrong perpective on the happenings in that century - the century of the biggest spree of the self destruction of nations ever.
It is normal to read that in WWII the Germans made war against Russia and killed millions of them. That is conventional wisdom.
However, I always look at the other side of the coin, and a tally of the deaths of Russians at that time informed me that the Russians killed more of their own kin than the number of Russians Germany killed in the first half of that century.
In that war, the Russian soldiers knew that retreating from the front against the Germans was even more dangerous and lethal than fighting the Germans, as the Russian canons in the rear of the onslaught killed all the Russians who tried to back off or retreat or run away. They had only two choices which was to be killed by the German soldiers or by their own people, but killed they had to be.
For me, as a pacifist, to digest this is quite traumatic, but I need to explore this further to bring another not so well known perspective to the table.
So, in the next part I will start at the aftermath of the abdication of Czar Nicolas II when the sweeping majority of the vote of the people in a free election for orderly reconstruction of their country was overthrown by one man who sent the country into a killing spree, the likes of which was never imaginable to mankind before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment