23 Apr 2019

At the end of my search

At the end of my search - a poem by P.K. Odendaal - April 2019

I had always known the decision was my own
To surrender what was mine unto God's plan and design
Not that it was mine to use for whatever I choose
And not to keep it forever for my own endeavour.
And well I knew that in the end each knee has to bend
And that dominion was not mine over things divine
So when I searched around on holy ground
For peace in my soul to make my life whole
I knew I had to part with my soul and my heart
Giving it back to its Maker of which I was a partaker.
Of this gift and much more than we can ever adore
of enjoying creation with holy admiration.

I also knew my quest would lastly be blessed
And make known to me how things aught to be
As he who will search will find though he might be blind
The truth which was never meant for those who were unkempt

In the end I was rewarded for all I had recorded
Of the search and the fears and the toil and the tears.
I got what I was looking for and also found an open door
To unite with my soul in one bodily whole

Never to look back at those years of attack
By evil and sin and doubt deep within.

Take heart and make a start, the journey is not hard
It will fulfil and let you bind with souls of your kind
Forever to be bound to the truth that you found.

It was never ours to have and to hold for millennia untold
It was only ours to dress and to keep while a war raged in the deep
For Satan had been cast out of Heaven at last
And found on earth an abode to impede our road
To deceive and seduce and our free will to abuse

He never had consent us to torment
Where the Tree of Life was planted and eternal life us granted
So, when Adam and Eve failed what their mission entailed
And he was found on that Holy ground
Adam and Eve were beaten to a tree forbidden to be eaten
By humans who did not know its meaning here below

And that is how our Father's lands fell into Satan's evil hands.
So what we thought we had as ours was usurped by superpowers
Which used it in its fight against the forces of the Light
To surrender what was taken and by Adam then forsaken

Is not so hard when we know we were barred
From paradise's treasure which we lost at our leisure
As swords were placed at Eden's gates
To remind us that one day we will forget our labour and sweat
And one day give us a choice to be true to that Voice
Which now asks us to let go of the things we treasure so
And which binds us to our past and with things which cannot last

So this is my part to make a new start
By surrendering all which were lost at the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment