11 Mar 2019

Things which do not Rhyme - a poem


Things which do not Rhyme
A poem - by P.K. Odendaal - March 2019

Life is so sure to make us endure
Conflicts which last from a bygone past
For which I assure there is no quick cure
It will linger on from dusk to dawn
And always sows doubt of what its about.

There are more ways than one which waits for no one
in any small task for us to unmask
which road we should follow to miss sleepy hollow
and how can we know the way we should go.


If we've never been there and for all that we dare
the roads might meet just down the street
or may diverge forever if we are not clever
and such was my fate when I started to date.


I never could guess that I had to confess
that I loved more than I knew when saying adieu
Hoping somewhat one day I would be able to repay
for a life that went wrong where I could belong.


And it scarred me too and left me blue
With shame and with tears for all those years.


No comments:

Post a Comment