10 Feb 2024

My prayer when riding the French Camino in May 2024 with a bicycle

My prayer when riding the French Camino in May 2024 with a bicycle

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
It is with humility, veneration and admiration that I contemplate your omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence and your universe with everything that is in it.

For me, as a human, your power, creativity, knowledge and works are mind boggling beyond scale, comprehension and understanding, yet I know it is magnificent beyond imagination and description. It is more than the stuff dreams are made of. It is infinite.

Still, you bow down so low to have communion and conversation with me, a me which is not even a speck of dust in your universe.
And yet, you take such an interest in and responsibilty for everything I think, say and do.
You come to me in the evening breeze and seek my companionship and conversation as a child of you, a friend of you and a loved one.
I am on this pilgrimage to get to know you even better, and to cement our friendship in the spirit of a David and Jonathan. I am here, I am yours,  I am available and I am listening, Lord.
I know you will run to me when you see me coming towards you in the distance, to give me the purest garment and a ring for my finger to be part of the body of your Bride to Be. What an exciting and exhilirating thought and dream. Yet real and true. I feel it in my body, I feel it in my heart and I feel it in my soul.
I am dreaming this impossible dream. Let me dream on, because dreams come true.
You also once dreamt of saving mankind by your suffering, so beautifully and painfully portrayed in a verse of the song 'The Impossible Dream':

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star.

And I know, if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will be peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

From your servant, friend, admirer and worshipper.
Peekay.

No comments:

Post a Comment