19 Dec 2013

My closing arguments - Part 1

My closing arguments - Part 1 - by P.K.Odendaal - 20 December 2013

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax
Of cabbages, and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings."
From the Walrus and the Carpenter by Lewis Carroll.

The time has come for me to conclude with my closing arguments in this trial where I have placed Great Arguments before the Great Judge. I myself and how I think and experience life have also bowed to these arguments. I have over the past six years enjoyed writing my blog articles, and I have now exhausted all the ideas which I am passionate about and it is time for me to move on. I have also enjoyed the patronage of my readers who have inspired me to consider all sides of every argument, and I hope I have been objective in giving voice to the proponents of my adversary arguments. However - I never expected to have the last word.


In this last series of my articles I will elaborate on what I think is really important and what I have concluded in closing my view on these arguments. As you may have known, these arguments were for my own edification, synthesis and healing, and I know many of you who sailed this same ship have gained some understanding on the non-conventional view with which I will always pursue these arguments. My next endeavour is that of publishing my articles in book form. I do not think the muse will ever leave me alone, so you might see some sporadic articles still emanating from my keyboard.
 
I start this series off with Perspectives, Domains and Dimensions. It sounds very bizarre, but on a basic level that is what controls us.
We are what we think and experience - that makes us what we are. What we are, on the other hand dictates what we think and experience. This is a closed circle or loop or wheel within a wheel - and a domain of our own making having its own existence. That is the small world in which we live.
Round
Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon

Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple
Whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind !


Like a tunnel that you follow
To a tunnel of it's own
Down a hollow to a cavern
Where the sun has never shone,
Like a door that keeps revolving
In a half forgotten dream,
Or the ripples from a pebble
Someone tosses in a stream


Song by Dusty Springfield.

For some people their worlds are as small as the room in which they live and there is no place for anything else in it. Not that such people live inferior lives to the rest of us. In fact, I think they are very fortunate to live simple lives - that was how it was meant to be, but for those of us who have lost our innocence and ignorance this option has expired. However, this is the way we should look at the world as it is our only perspective, but also the reason why we would never understand even the smallest exo-detail - my own word for that which goes on external to us, like politics, the cosmos and generally the way things work.

This is called my domain and I have dominion over it. But, there are millions of domains. The best known domain is planet earth which belongs to God, but He has given dominion of this domain to Adam and Eve, and thus we can sin, rule and destroy without affecting other domains in the Universe, and that is why this domain will be destroyed in doomsday to remove our evil inspired legacy from the Universe.
But fortunately there is good news.
 
We learn from Science that the observer in an experiment influences unknowingly the outcome of the experiment and that in some experiments, establishing one factor impacts negatively on our ability to establish the outcome of other factors. It is like that in quantum mechanics. We can only measure one of the properties of an electron at any one time : its position or its speed or its direction or its mass. The observations are always subjective, and the bravado of scrientists to regard their work as rational and objective is a pipe dream.
 
And so it is with us. But more objective or less subjective measurements may be made of us, because our neighbours know us better than we know ourselves - and that is our exo-detail. Other observers can accurately measure certain properties of us much more accurate than we can ever do. And if we are not satisfied with a certain observer whom we feel may be biased or too subjective, we may call in a consultant to do IQ and Rohrshack tests on us, or eye tests and hearing tests, or emotional behavioural tests, or angiograms and what not - too many to enumerate.
So we come to realise that we are limited in our view of ourselves and even bad observers of ourselves - totally subjective and uninformed - with very little sense(s) - in fact only five.
Now - this may not look like a very important finding or fact - but it leads us onto our next argument with our old adversaries, the materialists and atheists. They maintain that all matter is unconscious. It has no inner life or subjectivity or point of view. Even human consciousness is an illusion produced by the material activities of brains. They will cling to this outmoded concept of determinism until doomsday! 

Well ... that argument has been refuted since 1927:

In 1927, with the recognition of the uncertainty principle in quantum physics, it became clear that indeterminism was an essential feature of the physical world, and physical predictions could be made only in terms of probabilities. The fundamental reason is that quantum phenomena are wavelike, and a wave is by its very nature spread out in space and time: it cannot be localised at a single point at a particular instant; or, more technically, its position and momentum cannot both be known precisely. Quantum theory deals in statistical probabilities, not certainties. The fact that one possibility is realised in a quantum event rather than another is a matter of chance. (from 'The Science Delusion' by R. Shelldrake.
 
They will use any argument to take life, and with that free will, from us, because then they do not have to explain who made life or who gives it - or what it is. That is why the Bible says that they are alive but in fact dead, and that we must be reborn to acquire life abundantly.
 
Our argument above proves theirs patently wrong in all it aspects and it must be treated as a delusion of the worst kind - and that is why they write these books with the word 'delusion' in its title - you know by this time whom I am talking about. Delusion and denial is the name of their game.
It is clearly so that if my observation of myself coincides, even roughly sometimes,  with the observation other people make of me, that observation is external to me or an exo-detail - external but sensed by my senses. We will remember from Chesterton that the mad man is not the man who has lost his senses, but the man who has lost everything except his senses.
Of course, the reason why my view or my idea of myself is limited, even warped, is because of my limited ability to sense myself and the things around me. It is said that I have five senses and even a sixth one - but that is far too few to give me a thorough impression of myself. In fact, if we take the meta-physical world into account we may find that it may give us another ten to hundred senses and that is why the Bible says in: 1Cor. 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
This concludes my first closing argument on perspective and dimensions. I will however return to dimensions when we consider the meta-physical world in another closing argument.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment