10 Sept 2011

I am not responsible for ...

I am not responsible for ...

P.K.Odendaal - 9 September 2011

I was born without any responsibility, so how can you say that I am responsible for this trouble we are in.
I do not even think that I know what responsibility means - and when was this responsibility passed onto me? Whatever happened - it is not my fault. Someone else must have made a mistake. It has got nothing to do with me. I did not even know that it happened.

And that is the reason for the state we are in !!! Nobody accepts any responsibility, nobody is guilty, nobody makes a commitment, nobody cares - and we are all affected by this. So how come nobody knew or tried to prevent it or did something?
This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.
Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.
Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.
It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

And this is also the history of the world since man first set his foot on this planet. There is the classical story from the Bible about Adam and Eve :
Gen 3:11  And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? v:12  And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. v:13  And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

I wonder what excuse the serpent would have made, had he been given the opportunity to speak.
And then on the other hand - the world has had so many leaders, statesmen, writes, scientists, philosophers and other gurus who knew what would happen and who warned mankind about it, but Nobody heeded them.

We all have this wonderfully successful ploy. As soon as things come our side, we think of the most ingenious excuses. We might know that we were the direct cause of this problem, but we will never in a million years admit it.
And still - it is so easy to acknowledge guilt and fix it. All it takes is a little humility - but who has got it ?

Let's hear Mac Davis sing it:
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
'cos I get better looking each day


to know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
O Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.

I used to have a girlfriend
but I guess she just could'n't complete
with all of these lovestarved women
who keep clamouring at my feet.

Well I probably find me another
but I guess they're all in awe of me
who cares I never get lonesome
cause I treasure my own company.

I guess you can say I'm a loner
a cowboy outlaw tough and proud
Well, I could have lots of friends if I wanted
but then I wouldn't stand out from the drowd

some folks say that I'm 'egotistical'
well I don't even know what that means
I guess it has something to do with the
way that I fill out my skintight blue jeans.

Even better - listen to it here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07_2DWfEmQ
To be continued ..... in a humbler moment ... should that ever happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment