Let us blog together

Let us blog together - by P.K.Odendaal - February 2015.


I am unable to comment on each and every comment that you submit, but rest assured that I am grateful for each of those.

I am also very grateful for your support in the form of reading my articles. It has given me an immense amount of pleasure and inspiration over the past ten years writing these articles - and I have also appreciated every reader who spent some time here reading it.
I set out to write for therapeutical purposes and have found immense emotional healing doing this, but it has grown bigger and wider than that and that of my most optimistic dreams.
Lately, however, I have seen myself as spearheading your thoughts into wider domains. If I can stimulate my readers to think about what is not immediately obvious, I will have more than succeeded in this.
Recently my reader base has expanded exponentially and I give you the latest statistical graph of visits to my blog site.
 

Many readers have asked me about the software I use to blog and expressed a desire to start their own blogs. Of course this is natural and what I have come to expect of my readers. You all want to think about things, understand things on a deeper level and write about things. I am quite sure writing is not so difficult if you have the inspiration to do that. I am an engineer, and if an engineer can write, everyone can write. I am not talking about writer's block - or is that blogger blog? That is a different story.

The way I go about things is to start thinking about something which puzzles me and for which there is no clear or acceptable explanation - and that applies to almost anything we know or think we know. I would then think about it for weeks and then one day my thoughts would grab me by my neck and push me into my chair behind the keyboard and it would flow like lava. Not everybody is like that.

But ... it is payback time now. Here is the deal:

We are going to develop and maintain a communal blog from first principles. We are going to write about what we think and that just about covers everything - from the serious to the frivolous, from the mundane to the profound, from science to nonsense (do they differ?) and so on. The only prerequisite is that the writers will have thought deeply about their subject matter and will not copy from other sources. It must be original stuff. Granted - our thoughts are not original - but our take on our thoughts are. In fact - it is our most basic instinct. Descartes said: I think therefore I am. We will say: I think, therefore I write and the name of our blog will be 'I have been thinking ...'

I will do this on the follow conditions (which are cast in stone):
• I will be the only moderator of this communal blog.
• The blog will be written with the unadulterated Christian teachings and philosophy as background influence.

The following ideas are not cast in stone:
Those interested in starting their own blogs will create their own blog, based on a tutorial which I will present in steps - and they will write their own articles for that.
Everybody will be able to submit their articles for the communal blog to me for publication. I will read through these articles and decide what is to be published for voting. The articles receiving a certain minimum votes will remain on the blog, and the others will be deleted.
The twenty best blogs will have links to the communal blog.
Who is in?






1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The website style is great, the articles is
    really great : D. Good job, cheers

    Here is my webpage - Ruth Kolb Attorney

    ReplyDelete