Psychoanalysis - Part 1 - Losing all your baggage

Psychoanalysis ala myself - Part 1 - Losing all your baggage
P.K.Odendaal 23 August 2011.

This blog is meant for people who wish to get rid of their baggage and who have already dealt successfully with their normal life duties.
It is not for people who cannot help themselves in their daily interactions with their circumstances or relationships with other people, and who constantly take the wrong life decisions or must take counsel on every life issue. As long as you are unable to deal with these life decisions, you will be totally inept in dealing with your emotional and subconscious issues - so goodbye for now - see you later when you have dealt with those and have come to grips with dealing with uncertainty, conflict, your minority complex and human relationships.


Note added 10 February 2014.

I am not sure why this article all of a sudden became popular again, as it has been slumbering for more than two years. However, I will give it the attention it deserves now that it has become popular again.

The issue is very simple if we map it in the IT domain.

In some spiritual and emotional sense we are computers with a hard drive, read only memory, random access memory and lots of used and unused storage space - and of course ports which let information into us.

We surf the web (gather information) and the ports receiving this information (senses) send it to various peripherals we have (memory, knowledge, brain, emotion, sub-conscious), and if it cannot find a suitable peripheral it will store it in our hard drive (sub-consciousness) or registry (brain).

Some of the information we gather (viruses) are bad for us and damage some part within us. So we need an anti-virus program to clean us up.

This anti-virus program is our ability to dig deep into our registry or hard drive(sub-conscious mind) to find harmful viruses and eradicate them. This is psychoanalysis.

 We will move from the physical domain as an example and apply those methods and solutions to the metaphysical world of the mind, soul and spirit. I will use a few of my own hangups to work through as an example of how these problems are to be dealt with. You might also contribute with your own stories, so that we can learn from each other as well.

Like in the physical world, a problem will just not vanish with time, if we do not deal with it, and so it is also in the metaphysical world - each problem must be dealt with. And if you have been successful in dealing with your physical life problems, then you should be able to deal with these more emotional problems. All that is needed to start dealing with it, is to become aware of the problem and then to apply some rational analysis to it.

The Freudian principle (the father of psychoanalysis) is that every person has a very small conscious mind and a very large subconscious mind. Unpleasant experiences are moved unconciously by the conscious mind into the unconcious mind and our task will be to move these experiences back into the conscious mind to deal with them.
The basic tenets of psychoanalysis include the following:

·    human behavior and thinking are largely determined by irrational drives;    These things are dead giveaways that we have a subconscious problem :
  1. we are afraid of something
  2. we do not like something
  3. we feel inner pain when we hear or see something
  4. we lose our temper when something happens
  5. we blame someone for an unfortunate incident
  6. we suffer from some mania - a Greek word meaning madness

·    those drives are largely not conscious; they have been moved into our subconscious mind by our own constant inability to deal with them and then burying our head in the sand - ignoring their existence.

·    attempt to bring those drives into awareness meets resistance in many different forms; we do not wish to repeat the pain this experience has caused in our lives.

·    beside the inherited constitution of personality, one's development is determined by events in early childhood; Because we can better deal with them now that we are mature, the most unpleasant experiences comes from our childhood when we were totally inept in dealing with them

·    conflicts between conscious view of reality and unconscious (repressed) material can result in mental disturbances such as neurosis, neurotic traits, anxiety, depression etc.; every conflict in our life is being handled by our conscious mind in a way which will cause the least pain - and the solution will mostly be to pitch up a defense against a recurrence of such an experience, which in turn creates all sorts of artificial boundaries which changes our personality for the worse.

·    the liberation from the effects of the unconscious material is achieved through bringing this material into the consciousness via guidance. Only when we are aware of the cause and effect of each, can we start to deal with it.

So - if you are eager to deal with these, you might find relief in these blogs. In short we want to lose all our baggage as we wish to travel lightly, unlike some world travellers.
We are in effect soul travellers.


18 comments:

  1. I agree. I had some bad experiences whereby my parents made bad decisions on my behalf . Because i could not express myself then and because i was intimidated by a very stict parent i allow people even today to make wrong decisions on my behalf and i still feel helpless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this website,
    because i wish for enjoyment, as this this web site conations
    actually pleasant funny information too.

    Take a look at my web page; sbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously like your website but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts.
    A number of them are rife with spelling problems and
    I in finding it very troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I'll surely come again again.


    Here is my web blog; sbobet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your site in web explorer, could
    check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a huge
    component of other people will leave out your fantastic writing due to this problem.


    my web page - บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I check your blogs daily. Your story-telling style is
    awesome, keep up the good work!

    Also visit my web site: ครีมหน้าขาว

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get
    a lot of spam comments? If so how do you protect against it,
    any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support
    is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to visit my site - ตลาดรถ

    ReplyDelete
  7. In blogger all comments goes to your spam folder if someone publishes a comment as anonymous. I then check them and allow them as comments if I see it is not spam. I really do not get more than 1% spam, but if you are once targeted you may sufffer for a while. I appreciate your comments. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really
    happy to read everthing at one place.

    my webpage; ครีมหน้าขาว

    ReplyDelete
  9. What i don't realize is in fact how you are no longer
    actually a lot more smartly-favored than you might be right now.
    You're so intelligent. You know therefore considerably relating to
    this matter, made me for my part believe it from numerous numerous angles.

    Its like men and women aren't fascinated except it's one
    thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs
    nice. All the time maintain it up!

    Feel free to surf to my web page - sbobet

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be ending of mine day, except before
    ending I am reading this wonderful paragraph to
    improve my experience.

    Look at my webpage: ทางเข้าสโบเบ็ต

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about sbobet.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up to every body, it's my first visit
    of this weblog; this webpage carries remarkable and really excellent stuff in support of
    readers.

    Also visit my site ... สมัครสมาชิก sbobet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
    I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog
    posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and
    I hope you write again very soon!

    Here is my web-site; ครีมหน้าขาว

    ReplyDelete
  14. May I simply say what a comfort to uncover someone that truly knows what they're discussing online.
    You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    A lot more people must check this out and understand this side of
    your story. I was surprised that you're not more popular since you certainly have
    the gift.

    Also visit my blog post :: ขัดผิวขาว

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this paragraph is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, thus I
    am going to inform her.

    my weblog :: วิธีทําให้ผิวขาว

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's an amazing paragraph for all the online people; they will
    take benefit from it I am sure.

    my homepage :: smog check - auto repairs oxnard

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm extremely pleased to discover this site. I want to to
    thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!
    I definitely loved every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to check out new information on your
    site.

    My web blog: Locksmith Camarillo

    ReplyDelete